The Head of Compliance will be responsible for enforcing the regulation in all aspects of the business. They are looking for a professional of high ethical standards who works diligently to complete their duties while keeping the business objectives in mind, someone who is comfortable saying “no” when necessary, while being results-oriented.
- Define and supervise the implementation of the AML/CTF framework for consumers and merchants;
- Partner with internal- and external stakeholders to ensure the company is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations;
- Educate and provide consultative advice and trainings on various regulations to staff;
- Research, evaluate and communicate as appropriate any changes to regulations impacting the company and its partners;
- Advise executives on areas of existing and emerging risks and approaches to establish and enhance necessary controls and practices;
- Provide compliance-related regulatory guidance and support on business, product, marketing and operational strategies;
- Perform monitoring, risk assessments and gap analysis regarding BPC compliance with laws and regulations;
- Develop and implement policies including procedures and internal control measures, ensure compliance with the AML/CTF legislation and the legislation on information accompanying transfers of funds and sanctions;
- Create awareness and provide tailored AML/CTF training and sanction compliance;
- Serve as point of contact for the Financial Intelligence Unit (“CFI-CTIF”).
The Head of Compliance will report to the Chief Financial and Compliance Officer.
- Education: Master’s degree in related discipline or equivalent proven experience;
- Minimum 5 years in an equivalent position ideally within the financial sector;
- Experience in the payment industry is a strong plus;
- Broad knowledge of a.o., Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Prevention, Sanctions regulations, Payment Service Directive 2, Data Protection laws (GDPR);
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, and ability to translate technical concept into understandable notions and principles;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and high-level of maturity allowing to balance regulatory/risk perspective with business goals;
- Team player and coach able to provide guidance to people based on subject matter expertise;
- Fluency in Dutch and/or French and English is required.
- A great challenge in a welcoming, positive and innovative environment;
- The opportunity to work for an ambitious company, focused on the perfect balance between reliability and user friendliness;
- Being part of a dynamic and talented team and contributing to the evolutions of the payment world of today and tomorrow;
- The chance to “make your mark”, to develop, implement, grow and bring continuous improvement;
- A competitive salary package aligned with your expertise and responsibilities with company car and benefits;
- The possibility to work from home.